Tuesday 1 August 2017

CAS Colours & Sketches #234 - Colours

Hey & Hello August!

My Oh My! I really can't believe we have entered August and Summer is in full swing now. You can tell it is the Summer holidays here in the UK as all we have had since the schools broke up is rain and more rain!

Anyway, enough of that how about a fresh new month of challenges over at CAS Colours & Sketches. This month Patricia and Karen are our hostesses. Kicking the month off is Patricia with this wonderful all be it, challenging colour combo HERE...




It was the Cajun Craze that challenged me the most. I don't think I have ever used this colour and it is one that I tend to avoid if I see it in a combo - haha! Here's what I came up with...




I decided to 'play it safe' with a geometric clear stamp set! Reaching for the recently restocked Background Builders: Squared. Geometrics are still going strong trend wise and there are so many possibilities in using them on projects. 

FYI - You can see a few sneak peek examples over HERE of how the Design Team have paired geometrics on their projects they made for a feature in Septembers issue Craft Stamper magazine.




For my card today, I kept it CAS and selected my favourite building strip, stamped it in the 3 colours and added a sentiment from Simply Said Birthday. I also added a trio of circular (as they don't do square ones) Stampin' Up! enamel dots in the matching colours.

The layout of my card was inspired by the current challenge over at CAS(E) this Sketch! HERE. It's been so long since I joined in on a challenge, it was nice to combine the fun!




That's all from me today using the sketch, but if you need some more inspiration using the sketch be sure to pop by the CAS Colours & Sketches blog HERE and see how the DT and Guest Designer have used it.

Thanks for stopping by today.
Hugs

8 comments:

  1. Love this - it's soooooo cool! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, Beverly! Love the way you used the colors and kept the card CAS. I always love visiting your blog and seeing the way your mind works. It's inspirational. Looking at my card today, it's a lot busier than I thought it was when I posted it!! Clean, but not as simple!! Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well if you hadn't told us you struggled, I'd have never known! This is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty colours! Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that funky geometric pattern. A great CAS card. Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the way you used this week's colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another gorgeous card - your ideas are always great. I really struggled with that Cajun Craze too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The graphic design is a fun way to treat the colors! You did an awesome job with them!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated